Transport and Amenities
Life in full bloom
Bloomdale can be conveniently accessed from the Calder Freeway via the second Diggers Rest exit, or just as easily reached from the south via Plumpton Road and from the north via Vineyard Road. Under 45 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD by car and under 25 minutes from Melbourne Airport by car, Bloomdale is well connected.
When you’d rather not drive, Bloomdale is only 2kms from the new Diggers Rest Station on the Sunbury line, which operates full Metro services running every 12 minutes during the morning and evening peak periods. Buses run daily with route 483 connecting Diggers Rest to both Sunbury and Moonee Ponds.
Future Infrastructure and jobs
In addition to the existing civic assets, over $20 million is being spent locally to improve roads, services, community facilities and recreation precincts, including:
- Road upgrades of Vineyard Road, Plumpton Road and Houdini Drive
- Multi-purpose Community Centre
- Indoor Active Recreation Facility
- Construction of a new pavilion at the Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve
- Upgrades to playing surfaces, car parking and landscaping at the Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve
- Additional tennis courts
Bloomdale will also create employment opportunities in the area with over 6,400 jobs in the short-term during construction and 650 long-term jobs.